Saturday, January 22, 2011

Playlist Update! Inaugural Post

Welcome to the Playlist Update. This is where I will talk about new CDs that I've ordered, and discuss how I found them, which are my favorite tracks, what I think of the recording quality, and more. Here's my MO - I like to have CD quality, but it's unfortunately rare that a site will offer CD-quality downloads. So, I order physical CDs, rip them into iTunes, and then have the option to listen directly to the CD or thru wireless streaming. I also have the advantage of holding the CD case in my hands and reading the liner notes. Call me old fashioned!

I've recently ordered about 15 CDs from Six Degrees Records and CD Universe. However, I'm not yet ready to comment on any of those albums, so let me start with a recommendation of five titles that I've actually owned for a while and listen to fairly regularly...

Si*Se, More Shine. Carol C.'s voice has such an alluring, sexy quality. I enjoy every single track on this album, but of note are Mariposa En Havana and Sometimes.



Bebe, Pafuera Telaranas. Bebe is such an amazingly talented artist, and her voice is electric and edgy. Two of my more favorite tracks include Corre and Siempre Me Quedara.



Ceu, Vagarosa. I am new to Ceu, having discovered her on the great label called Six Degrees. She's Brazilian, and so is the music. Try it.



Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band, A Special Album. Cool. Cool. Cool. Great beats and some funny lyrics. Try Think Twice, a great track.



Supreme Beings of Leisure, 11i. The music is upbeat and, again, I love pretty much every track. The recording quality is decent, but overall it's a little bright sounding. But, that's ok - it's well worth it.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment