Friday, January 7, 2011

Pangea AC9 and AC14 Power Cables

Yesterday my order of two each of these power cables arrived. Today, I worked from home, and so - of course - took a "break" and installed them in my system. One each AC9 for my mono blocks, one AC14 for the TacT, and one for the Bryston DAC. Actually, the power hookup setup is more complicated than that, but I will explain that in more detail another time. They replaced some old PSAudio Prelude cords, and one stock cord that came with the Bryston.

First impressions? Thanks for asking! Noise floor has dropped significantly. The speakers have disappeared a little more, by that I mean they are harder to locate as a sound source when I close the eyes. Bass is a touch more controlled, and I noticed inner detail on a bass line that had never struck me before. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment